Plantar Fasciitis Treatments
Even though this site concentrates on Plantar Fasciitis Shoes, I do want to summarize some of the non-invasive plantar fasciitis treatments which help you deal with the pain.
Here are the most common treatments:
1. Massage – VERY IMPORTANT. Massage your heels and entire foot. You can also use frozen bottles or cans to roll your foot on.
2. Stretching – Also VERY IMPORTANT. I am including one of the best videos on stretching. Take a look:
3. Taping – This is done mostly to keep the foot stable.
4. Orthotics – These are inserts into the shoes to help support the arches or heels. They also realign your stance.
5. Night splints – This is used at night for stretching.
6. Anti inflammatory pills / Cortisone shots – Pain relievers and pain blocking.
7. Shock wave therapy – This is sound waves which activate the healing process.
8. Surgery – This option is taken in extreme cases.
I would like to reiterate. A lot of plantar fasciitis pain can be avoided with the right shoes.